In this Episode Ray and Caitlin talked with Michael Gungor - a Grammy nominated Christian musician and founder of The Liturgists podcast who had a public split with the church a few years ago. Recently, U.S. church membership fell below the majority for the first time ever so we figured this would be a great time for us to talk about why this is. Caitlin is a pastor in the Presbyterian Church who grew up in a Christian household, and Ray didn't go to church as a kid but became involved in the church as an adult so we have a few perspectives covered.
Links Referenced in the Podcast
- The Liturgists Podcast (theliturgists.com)
- U.S. Church Membership Falls Below Majority for First Time (gallup.com)
- Michael Gungor Fully Embraced Atheism for a Year, Wife Lisa Says (The Christian Post)
- Spiritual Trauma (The Liturgists Podcast)
- In U.S., Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace | Pew Research Center (pewforum.org)